Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hello to Scouts!

We received a nice package from Girl Scout troop *916 this week.  That would make it Christmas number 9 but it really was a Valentine's theme.  Kid middle came home from school sick the day it arrived and was able to open the package, see the contents and read the messages some before she had to retire to her room for the night with stomach flu (affectionately called Delhi Belly in these parts).  The package was filled with fuzzy socks and a cozy blanket, sports team cups, it was as if the Scouts knew just what to send for that very day.  Always be prepared, right Girl Scouts.
I celebrated my birthday with a tour of cities one and two from a seven cities tour group. I was fortunate to join this group for the spring.  Throughout the ten weeks that we meet we will visit the seven cities that have made the history of Delhi what it is.  I was part of a Las Madres play group with kid one when we lived out in Northern California.  This is my equivalence to a play group for me in New Delhi.  The city was fun and the tour was well done but the people are what I will post here.

(above) Kids being kids, this group was visiting the city while we were there.  My kid one pointed out the boy picking his seat on the right. (kids being kids)

(above) A woman buying flowers at a local flower market.

(above) These little girls wanted me to take their photo and show them how it looked on my camera.

(above) These school children are walking to a picnic area inside some ancient ruins.  Must be field trip day.

Kid three is in full swing with a Cub Scout pack here in Delhi.  He did a camp out with the older boys of the pack in the yard of one of the members.  He took pictures so he could give a shout out to Pack 155.
 (above) This is camping in Delhi, India in February.  A little different camping experience than the February camp held for his US pack.

No comments: