Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas #2 in India

Christmas came and went in India.  There is a madness that happens in November and December time of year at every school and AES was no different.  I let it wear me down to the point of exhaustion, or so I thought.  It was really just that I hadn’t kept a close check on my thyroid medication and allowed it to run way too low for way too long.  Exhaustion set in and I am now starting to get a grip on staying up all day without a nap.  As I was catching up I knew I would not be sending out a Christmas card or a cute family picture.  Sadly this is the last year I have all the kids at home with us.  Kid one is rounding off her senior year in high school and we are doing some of our “lasts” for the first time.
Christmas Eve was spent with friends and upon our return home we saw Santa left evidence he had arrived at our home.  The kids were slightly disappointed because Christmas always happens on Christmas morning.  They changed their tune after opening the electronics that they could plug in overnight and wake up bright and early to play on their new “toys”.  Different CAN BE good.
After Christmas my brother and sister in-law, Uncle 6 and Aunt  were our first family to visit us in India.  We had great fun traveling the Golden Triangle, touring Delhi and shopping for gifts.  It was a Christmas blessing to have them here for this New Year and to celebrate their blessings to arrive in 2012.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all and to all a good night!

No comments: