Saturday, June 9, 2012

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye

Graduation has happened and our graduate walked across the stage with the grace and elegance we knew she would.  Her momma cried only a little wet eye and we celebrated as a family that night.  Then everyone began to leave.
It is hard to say good bye.  After graduation ends we never know when or if we will ever see some of these people again. (Negative comments could go here).  The end of the school year brings that same question of doubt to many of the children attending international schools and their parents.  Families move post and businesses relocate employees, students graduate and families move along with the current.  This is quite a ride we are on but the friends we have made along the way are painfully wonderful.
We said good bye to many friends we have made here in India and we will say good bye to more friends as we continue to live here. But it is all good.  We are meeting so many people to fill our lives with more happiness and friendship along this adventurous path.  I wouldn't trade a minute with my Delhi born Indian neighbor who showed me the way around our hood.  Or the time we spent on our roof AND the neighbor's roof celebrating Holi with neighbors and friends two years in a row.   I will miss my partner in crime with the PSA works.  I will miss all of my many, many many seven cities fellow members who are leaving this summer and I can't believe my whole small group (the three of you) left me behind in one fell swoop.  My blogger friends who have moved on to bigger and better pastures.  Keep blogging girl.  Our family will miss friends moving off to colleges all around the world.  Friends moving to Australia, UK, Thailand, Singapore, Canada, Jamaica and Mozambique only to name a few that I can think of off the top of my head.  Friends are moving all across the US relocating to California, Washington, Texas, Michigan, Illinois, New York and Virginia.  Thank you for all the memories and go make more, many more where you plant roots next in your life.  You will be missed here but surely not forgotten.  Love to you friend and safe travels where ever you go!
As for me, I will help pack up our graduate and cherish our time with her, just her, this June.  Kid Middle and Three have returned to the US with Grandma for a full summer of "party in the USA" .  We will meet up as a family for some summer visits before Kid One branches off on her own adventure to start college.
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly...Goodbye.  Goodbye.  Goodbye!

No comments: