Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,                                                                                         March 20, 2013
      I have spent most of my day today in my bed or “trotting” to the bathroom.  Today was a day for stomach cramps, little movements and thinking of how you would take care of me if I were sick at home with my mommy.  You would tell me to stay close to the bathroom; I’m doing that.  You would tell me to wash my hands plenty; doing that.  And you would make sure I was hydrated with Performance power drink by Shaklee; thanks to you, I am doing that.  In fact for the two plus years we have lived in India this is the first time I have had the pleasure, if that is the appropriate word, of enjoying two flavors.  Having both the lemon-lime and orange sure breaks it up for a boring day of only drinking oral rehydration fluids.  It isn’t Mother’s Day yet and it is far from your birthday but today is a day I need to say “Thanks Mom!  You’re the best!”  I don’t think any of us say that nearly enough and sometimes it is good to just throw it out there.  You are an incredible woman who always thinks of others and at this time in my sick day I am thankful you have left me, and my family well stocked with Performance and Optiflora probiotic.  Two of the things the nurse on call said I should be taking, oral rehydration and probiotics, thanks to you, Mom I have both.
      As a follow up, I was able to be tested for Giardiasis and unfortunately that is exactly what is causing my stomach issues (Delhi Belly) and the repeating sulfuric (egg like) burps that are lingering around me like a sad cloud around Pigpen.   My mom’s words of witty wisdom and the need to break into the seriousness with a little humor would sound something like, “This too shall pass.”

Love you Mom!

No comments: