Saturday, May 25, 2013

Things are Gettin Weird Around Here


     We have our full family back under one roof.  Kid one completed year one of college, did well and enjoyed it so much she will go back again next year for year two.  To celebrate that we are all back together we had family pictures taken today.  We went to a local ruins spot that we consider our neighborhood and joined the crowd that was already gathered in the shades of the ruins at 7:30 am.  We dodged some cricket balls hit in our direction (thankfully they were playing with a tennis ball instead of the real deal).  It was nice to smile and enjoy our time together as we end our time together in India.
      End of the school year and the start of summer vacation are looming in the not so distant future. The time of year the expat population packs up in droves and head to other areas around the globe for the summer, or to relocate altogether. The classes advance grades and the graduates move on the parents revel with pride. Emotions are intense, good byes are pending.
      We have started to say some good byes but I hold myself back by explaining I AM not going yet.  Others are leaving; for their summer break or moving to another area, but I am not leaving just yet.  In part, I hold back so I am not the one leaving, but I will be gone when they return, if they return.  As much as we get exhausted living day to day in India, we will miss it.  Our family will miss it dearly.  Our little slice of home tucked away in the flats of New Delhi India has become a place we have all enjoyed and came together for happy, for sad, for good and to make it rhyme, for bad. 
Soon we will begin to list the things we will NOT miss when we leave India, but for today I am thankful for my family and for my time I was blessed with in India. 

No comments: